How do I chat with people who are members of a public instant messaging network?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|If your system administrator connects one of your server communities to any public instant messaging networks, you can chat with members of those networks.
- Open the New Contact dialog box.
Table 1. Options
|If you are using:||Do this:|
|IBM® Sametime® Connect||Click in the navigator.|
|IBM Notes®||Click Sametime Contacts Sametime Contacts to open the Contacts panel in the Notes sidebar. Then, click and select New Contact.|
- Select Add external user by email address
Note: Depending on your server community, you might not see this option.
- In the Server community field, select the server community that is connected to the public instant messaging network. Your administrator determines which server communities you have access to and whether any of them are connected to any public instant messaging networks.
- Specify the contact's email address, nickname, and group to which you want to add this contact. Make sure that you enter the correct email address because it is not validated with the network. If you enter an incorrect email address, the contact shows in your contact list, but with an offline status.
- If you have access to more than one public instant messaging network, select the network for the contact you are adding.
- Click Close.
Note: Before you can chat with this contact, they might need to grant you permission to chat with them. You might also need to grant permission to them before they can add you to their contact list.
The contact's email address (or nickname, if you specified one), shows in the contact list. An icon for the network shows next to the contact's name in the contact list.
Parent topic: Make more connections