How do I connect to more than one server community?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You connect to a server community by adding it to your client and logging in to it. When you add a server community, an icon such as Active community icon shows for that server community in the expandable area in your status card. This icon indicates whether you are logged in to the server community and your availability status. For example, "I am Available," is the status as shown in the preceding server community icon.
- Open the server community preferences.
Table 1. Options
|If you are using:||Do this:|
|IBM® Sametime® Connect||Click -> New -> Server Community.|
|IBM Notes®||In the Notes sidebar, click -> New -> Server Community.|
- In the Server community type field, select the type of server community you are adding, if you have access to more than one type of server community. Server communities that use the same protocol or are from the same service provider are the same type.
For example, the server communities "sametime.yourcompanya.com" and "sametime.yourcompanyb.com" might both belong to the "Sametime" server community type.
- Optional: Server communities can be linked to one another by assigning them the same name in the Server community name field. When server communities are linked, and you log in to at least one server community with the same name, the availability status of contacts and public groups in all server communities with that name can be determined, even if some of these server communities are offline. Enter a name for this server community if you want to link one or more server communities.
- Click the Log In tab and complete the fields.
- Click the Server tab and enter the Host server (the server that the client uses; the host name is similar to a web address, for example, sametime.yourcompany.com).
- Enter the Server community port for this server community.
- Select or clear Send keep alive signal after the following number of seconds and specify how often to send a keepalive message to the server. The default is 60 seconds. This message checks the connectivity between the client and the server and gives you timely notifications if you are disconnected from the server.
- Click the Connection tab. Unless instructed by your administrator, do not change anything.
- Click the Icon tab to specify a unique icon that displays for this server community at the beginning of your contact list and next to contacts that belong to this server community. You must select Show server community icons beneath contacts in your contact list preferences for this icon to display.
- Select or clear Log into this server community after completing this form to determine whether you automatically log in to this server community after you add it.
- Click OK.
in your status card to show your server community details.
Click the arrow next to each server community icon to display a menu of options to log in, log out, or change your availability status. Click the arrow next to your current availability status message in your status card to do these same tasks for all of your server communities simultaneously.
Parent topic: Make more connections