How do I create chat rooms?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|It is easy to create a chat room, if you have the rights to do so.
Parent topic: Get started with chat rooms
- Display the list of chat rooms.
Table 1. Options
|If you are using:||Do this:|
|IBM® Sametime® Connect||Click in the navigator to open the Chat Rooms panel. Then, click .|
|IBM Notes®||Click Chat Rooms Chat Rooms to open the Chat Rooms panel. Then, click .|
|Chat rooms in a web browser|
Note: You must be logged in before you can create chat rooms. If you are not already logged in, click Log in at the start of the page and then enter your user name and password.
|Click the All Chat Rooms tab or the My Chat Rooms tab.|
- Browse to a folder to which you have rights to create a chat room.
- Click New Chat Room.
- On the Details tab, enter basic information about the chat room. You must specify a unique name for the chat room.
- Optional: If this field is available, for Show files panel, select or clear this setting to display or hide the Files section of the chat room. If you hide this area of the chat room, then chat room participants do not have access to any files posted to the chat room.
- By default, the chat room is placed in the global folder to which you browsed. (Global folders are seen by everyone and are different from your personal folders, which display in the My Chat Rooms tab and in the Sametime Connect or Notes Chat Rooms panel list. Only you can see your personal folders.) To put the chat room in a different folder, click Change Folder and then select another folder for the new chat room, assuming you have access rights to that folder.
- Click the People tab and enter the appropriate chat room owner and membership information. You can search for and add individuals or groups. (Your administrator determines the membership of groups in your organization's directory that are available to you.) Even if you allow chat room participants to invite others from an active chat room window, some chat rooms might still have membership restrictions. In this case, participants might not be able to invite others to join the chat room.
- Click the Transcript tab and specify how much of the active chat room transcript to show in the chat room and what to do with the older transcript. Reducing the size of the transcript that is shown in the active chat room window lets participants focus on the most recent chat room exchanges.
- Click Save.