How do I customize the notifications I get for different events?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can choose how to be alerted for a variety of events. For example, you can be alerted by a sound when you receive an invitation or by bringing the chat window to the front of your screen when someone starts a new chat with you.
Parent topic: Other things you can do
- Open the notifications dialog box.
Table 1. Options
|If you're using:||Do this:|
|IBM® Sametime® Connect||Click -> Preferences. Then, click Notifications in the navigator.|
|IBM Notes®||Click -> Preferences. Then, expand the Sametime section in the navigator and click Notifications.|
- Select an event.
- Click Modify Notification Display, if this button is available for the event you selected.
- Specify where alerts should display and the width, height, and edge padding of the alert window.
- Under Notification settings, select whether to display alerts as a standard window or as a bubble, and options related to your selection.
- Optional: Click Show Preview to preview the alert window with the settings you specified.
- Click OK.
- Select the audio and visual notification options for the event. Options may vary, depending on the event.
- Click Apply Sounds to All Events to play the selected sound for all events.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.