How do I invite others to join a meeting in progress?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Any meeting participant can invite additional participants to join a meeting in progress. You do this by inviting others to join the meeting room in which the meeting is taking place.
About this task
If you have already joined a meeting room, follow these steps:
- Click Room Tools -> View Room Information
- Copy the link to the meeting room.
- Paste the link for the meeting room in an email or an open chat window to send to others.
- In the meeting room, invite additional participants to the meeting.
Table 1. Invite additional participants
|If the meeting room opens in a:||Do this:|
|IBM® Sametime® window||In a meeting room, click in the navigator. Select the people to invite and then click Send. Or, drag names from your contact list directly into the meeting room.|
Note: To invite someone who is not online, click -> View Room Information and copy the link for the meeting room and send it to them.
The selected people see an invitation to join the meeting room.
|Web browser||In a meeting room, click in the navigator. |
Copy the link for the meeting room, and send it the people to invite.
This procedure is available to meeting room owners only. If you have not yet joined the meeting room and you are the meeting room owner, follow these steps:
Parent topic: Manage participants
- Click Meetings in the navigator.
- For Your meeting link, copy the link. This includes the meeting room ID.
- Paste the link and meeting ID for the meeting room in an email or an open chat window to send to others.