How do I make a call?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can make, receive, and manage calls and video calls directly from your contact list.
About this task
Calls automatically go through your computer, unless you click
to expand your status card and see
. If you see this preferred device icon, you can make and receive Sametime
® calls through your telephone.
Do one of the following actions:
Parent topic: Make calls
- Select a name from your contact list and then click preceding your list of contacts. If you have Sametime Unified Telephony, you can call people who are offline. preceding your list of contacts. If you have Sametime Unified Telephony, you can call people who are offline.
- In an open chat window, click to start a call with your chat partner. to start a call with your chat partner.
- If you see , click it and then dial a phone number., click it and then dial a phone number.
- If you see the Find a person or number field, type the name or telephone number of the person you want to call. When you find it, right-click the name and then click Call.
- Open call history, select a name or number, and click Call.
- Open your phonebook, right-click an entry and select Call.
- In IBM® Notes®, anywhere you see a name with a Sametime status icon, right-click the name, and then select Call.