How do I make a video call?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|If you see Video Call Selected Contacts icon in the action bar, you can make video calls.
There are several ways to start a video call.
- Select an online contact from your contact list and then click ..
- Start a Sametime® audio call or text chat and then click in the call window. in the call window.
- In the Find a person or number field at the beginning of the contact list, type the entire telephone number or the SIP URI of the video conferencing device you want to call. Select the number when it displays. In the open call window, click Video -> Start Video.
- If you saved the telephone number or SIP URI of a video conferencing device to your phonebook, right-click the entry in the phonebook, and then click Video Call.
- Right-click any name that displays a Sametime status icon next to it, and select Video Call.
Depending on your organization’s settings, multi-person video chat might not be available.
What to do next
You can also automatically start a video call whenever you make a computer-to-computer call.
Table 1. Options
Parent topic: Make calls
|If you are using:||Do this:|
|IBM® Sametime Connect||Click -> Preferences, and then click Voice and video in the navigator. Select Automatically show my video when I participate in a video-enabled session.|
|IBM Notes®||Click -> Preferences, expand Sametime in the navigator, and then click Voice and video. Select Automatically show my video when I participate in a video-enabled session.|