How do I record a meeting?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|If recording capabilities are available to you and you have permission to record, you can record both the audio and visual aspects of meetings.
Before you begin
Read here to learn more about recordings:
- You record your meeting from within the meeting room where your meeting takes place.
- Only one recording can be made for each meeting.
- Meeting room owners and managers have permission to record.
- Recordings are output as MPEG-4 (.mov) or Windows Media (WMV) files.
- On the web, recordings are saved to the Sametime® Meeting Room Center. By default, only the meeting room owner can see recordings for the room. The owner can make it public for others to see.
- In Sametime or Notes®, you choose where to save recordings. By default, only the meeting room owner can see recordings for the room. The owner or room managers can make it public for others to see.
- Recordings are output as MPEG-4 (.mov) or Windows Media (WMV) files and are available on the meeting room owner’s page for hosting and joining meetings. It remains there for up to 30 days.
- Mouse pointer movements are recorded during application sharing. Both the pointer and highlighting are recorded during document sharing.
- Audio is recorded only if your organization partners with a telephony or video service provider, or you are using Sametime Audio/Video for your service provider.
- Video, web pages, and polls are not recorded.
- Web pages and polls are not recorded.
About this task
You can start recording at any time during a meeting; you do not have to wait until content is shared with meeting room participants.
In the meeting room global toolbar, click Record
-> Start Recording
The recording begins.
What to do next
While the meeting is being recorded, anyone in the meeting room with permission to record can stop the recording. Click Stop Recording
in the global toolbar to do that.
You can stop, pause, or resume the recording after it begins.
When you stop recording, you can make the saved recording public for other people to see. Go here to see the saved recording:
Parent topic: Run a meeting
- If you are using Sametime Connect, click , and then click More -> View Recordings. If you are a participant, this option is More -> View Public Recordings.
- If you are using Notes, click the Sametime Meetings panel, and then click More -> View Recordings.
- If you are using the Sametime Meeting Room Center and are the meeting room owner, click Meeting Recordings, and then select the recording that you want.
- If you are using the Sametime Meeting Room Center and are a participant, search for the meeting room, click the meeting whose recording you want to see, and then click View Recording.