How do I route calls to one of my other devices or telephone numbers?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|If you see a Routing Calls section in your Sametime® Voice and Video preferences, you can create rules to route your incoming calls to different devices, based on criteria you specify. For example, you can create a rule to send calls to your home phone when your geographic location is Home. Calls can be routed to one or more of the devices and telephone numbers that you specified under your Preferred Numbers preferences.
About this task
Since your work life is complicated, you are not always in the office, by your phone. For example, you might spend the morning in your office, work from your home office after lunch, and then go to a customer site. Or, you might want to make sure that you get all calls from a particular person, such as a prospective customer, no matter where you are. Rules ensure that you get the calls you must get.
You can set rules to use different devices based on your Sametime
status, your geographic location, the day or time, or the person who is calling you. For example, you could set a rule to send calls to your mobile phone when your status is Away.
Parent topic: Other things you can do with calls
- Open the Voice and Video preferences.
Table 1. Options
|If you are using:||Do this:|
|IBM® Sametime||Click -> Preferences and then expand Voice and Video in the navigator. |
|IBM Notes®||Click -> Preferences, expand Sametime in the navigator, and then expand Voice and Video. |
- Click Routing Calls.
- Click New to create a rule.
- Specify the criteria for the rule. To add another device, open the Preferred Numbers preferences.
- Review your updated list of rules, keeping in mind that rules are evaluated in the order in which they are displayed in the list. Move rules for specific callers to the beginning of the list, otherwise they might not be evaluated.
- Optional: Move the new rule up or down in the list, as appropriate.
- Click Apply and then click OK.