How do I specify an IBM Sametime meeting server for my Sametime 8.0, 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 meetings?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|To create an IBM® Sametime® meeting in Microsoft® Outlook, you must also provide information that is used to connect you to a Sametime meeting server. If you do not know how to complete these fields, see your Sametime system administrator.
- Open the Sametime Meetings tab.
Table 1. Options
|If you're using:||Do this:|
|Microsoft Office 2010||In the Microsoft Outlook File tab, click Options -> Add-ins -> Add-in Options. Click the Sametime Meetings tab.|
|a release earlier than Microsoft Office 2010||In Microsoft Outlook, click Tools -> Options. Click the Sametime Meetings tab.|
- Click Sametime Classic Meetings.
- For the Sametime server: field, provide the server web address (URL) in one of three formats:
Complete the Sametime user name and Password fields.
- If your Sametime meeting server can be directly accessed by addressing the server with http, only the server name is required, for example, sametime.mycompany.com
- If your Sametime meeting server can be directly accessed but requires the secure https protocol, include the protocol prefix in the field, for example, https://sametime.mycompany.com.
- If your organization has an Enterprise Meeting Server (EMS) or other customized installation, enter the protocol ("http://" or "https://") and the full customized path. See your Sametime system administrator if you do not know what to enter.
Parent topic: Work with IBM Sametime 8.0, 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 meetings in the Microsoft Outlook calendar