About this task
Video is available in meeting rooms under the following circumstances:
- Your administrator made video available to you.
- The meeting room owner included video when the meeting room was created.
- For individuals in the meeting room to see you, you need a computer camera.
- Meeting room owners start the video conference call by clicking Start Call in the Voice and Video area of the meeting room and making it a video-enabled session.
Your video service provider determines the number of meeting room participates who can be part of a video conference.
The meeting room owner or manager must click Start Call
first, before other meeting room participants, to establish the conference connection. In addition, at least two participants with a computer camera must join the conference before video starts broadcasting for all participants.
Follow the appropriate step to have a video call.
- If you are the meeting room owner, in the Voice and Video area of the meeting room, click Start Call and then click Join call with my telephone or video device .
- If you are a participant, in the Voice and Video area of the meeting room, click Join Call and then click Join call with my telephone or video device .
If video is available and This is a video-enabled session
is selected, the video starts as soon as you start or join the call.
After the video call starts, video controls, such as layout choices and audio controls, are available in the Voice and Video area of the meeting room. For example, click
to change the video layout.
Parent topic: Use audio and video