If there are issues with calls, how do I find out what is wrong?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|If you experience issues with calls, you can use the Call Diagnostics preferences to learn more about the problem. This feature is only available with IBM® Sametime® Unified Telephony.
To open the Call Diagnostics
, expand the Voice and Video
section in the navigator, and then click Call Diagnostics
From there, you can see:
- If Sametime Unified Telephony is available.
- Your availability status on Sametime Unified Telephony.
- The server community where Sametime Unified Telephony is available.
- Sametime Client version.
- Your Sametime phone number and directory number.
- Registrations and errors with your computer phone.
- The number of active calls.
- Call failures.
- A backup copy of your contacts and call routing rules.
You can also do the following things:
Parent topic: Troubleshooting calls
- Restore contacts and call routing rules.
- Reset Sametime Unified Telephony presence status.
- Send diagnostics data to log files. The tool generates 2 log files in Sametime log directory. The calls.log file contains call events. The call-diagnostics file contains diagnostics data in an easy-to-read format.
- Create a .zip file of the Sametime log directory and send it to an email address, such as your Sametime administrator’s.
- Change Sametime Unified Telephony logging level at run time.