The illustration of the Sametime
Connect client and the following list highlight new areas of the client and explain what you can do to get started quickly.
Some features that are described might not be available to you.
- Change your availability status and enter a custom message.
- Filter and sort your contact list with just a click.
- Use the navigator to open Meetings, Chat Rooms, and other applications.
- See whether someone is available to chat by checking their availability status.
- Add someone quickly to a group in your contact list.
- Change settings, customize your preferences, log in or out, and more in the Actions and Preferences menu.
- Expand your status card section to separately manage your server communities and preferred calling devices, if you have the option.
- Select a person or group, then click the commonly used icons in the action bar to chat or use other communication tools.
- Right-click a contact or group for more options.
If your version of Sametime
displays in the IBM Notes
® sidebar, you can do the same tasks.
For videos and multimedia, see Getting Started with IBM Sametime 9.0
You can use other cool features with the Sametime
Connect client after you get started.
- Chat with people in your organization
- Call people, or video call people
- Participate in chat rooms
- Send announcements, polls, and skill taps to groups of people, by using broadcast communities
- Use primary contacts to organize a custom contact list by recent or frequent contacts
- Send an annotated screen capture to someone in your organization
- See your colleagues’ current and recent location
If your organization also uses IBM Sametime
Conference or IBM Sametime
Complete, you can also:
- Video chat with multiple people at once
- Use Instant Share to share your screen with one or more people
If your organization uses IBM Sametime
Unified Telephony, then you have more features for calls and video calls. For more information, see What is IBM Sametime Unified Telephony, and how do I know if I have it?
Parent topic: Basics