What is IBM Sametime Unified Telephony, and how do I know if I have it?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|IBM® Sametime® Unified Telephony adds more features for making, receiving, and managing telephone calls.
In addition to the calls and video features of IBM Sametime
Unified Telephony you can:
- Look at your Sametime contact list to see who is available for calls.
- Make and receive calls through any of your preferred devices, including:
- Your Sametime client.
- Traditional telephones, such as your office or home phone.
- Mobile devices.
- Route incoming calls to other devices or telephone numbers, depending on your location or other criteria. When you use other devices, your Sametime Unified Telephony phone number always displays, so your personal numbers are never exposed.
- Switch a call to a different device, without interrupting the call.
- Call people inside or outside of your organization, even people who do not have Sametime Unified Telephony.
- Get notified whenever someone is calling you. You can answer it or direct the call to voicemail or another device.
- Begin ad hoc conferences with contacts not in your organization.
How do I know if I have Sametime Unified Telephony?
The easiest way to tell if you haveSametime
Unified Telephony is to click
, expand Sametime
, and expand Voice and Video
. If you see My Sametime Unified Telephone number is
, then you have Sametime
Parent topic: Get started with calls