Which tasks are available from the IBM Sametime toolbar?Added by IBM on September 19, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|The IBM® Sametime® toolbar consists of a series of icons, each of which lets you perform a Sametime task. The icons that are in your toolbar depend upon which features are available to you. In addition, other IBM Sametime products might become available and add icons to your toolbar.
This is an example of the Sametime
toolbar in Microsoft
Here are the tasks that might be available to you in your Sametime
Parent topic: Work with the IBM Sametime Connect Integrator for Microsoft Outlook toolbar
- Search for Sametime contacts
- Show the availability status of the sender of the selected email. In this example, this is Sam Curman.
- Open the Sametime contact list
- Start a Sametime chat with the sender of the selected email, assuming this person is an IBM Sametime contact who is also logged into Sametime. In this example, this is Sam Curman.
- Call (either through your computer or with a telephone) and carry out other call-related tasks on the sender of the selected email, depending on the call capabilities available to you.
Note: The call-related icons in the toolbar vary, depending on the call options you have available to you.
- Start a video call with the sender of the selected email, if this capability is available to you.
- Start a Sametime instant meeting.
- Create an instant meeting room (for Sametime version 8.5 or later).
- Show the availability status of all names associated with the Microsoft Outlook email or calendar invitation of focus by opening the Quickview list. Sametime organizes the names as they appear in the Outlook object, for example, the To: and cc: fields of an email. The right-click menu on a live name from the Quickview contains the same actions as in the Sametime Contact list.
- Show your current availability status and message, and your geographic location. Click your availability status to change it, for example, from I am Available to I am Away.
- Manage and select a preferred device for incoming telephone calls, if this capability is available to you.