You can configure Sametime Mobile Meetings Viewer upon startup.
Tap the ST Viewer
icon on your iPad to launch the application. Once it opens, you can either tap the New to Sametime Meetings?
button to configure your server settings, or tap Join by URL
, if you have an existing meeting you want to join. If you use Join by URL
, an entry field displays where you can enter a room URL along with your credentials for the associated server. Tapping Join
will automatically configure the server and join the room. Also, if you initially copied a room URL to your device's clipboard, the client will recognize that and pre-fill the URL field for you.
Tapping New to Sametime Meetings?
will allow you to configure your server settings. When adding or editing a server, the following information is required:
- Enter a Nickname for the server. This is how the server will be identified within the Sametime Meetings app on your device.
- Enter a Server. The fully qualified domain name for the meeting room server, for example, sametime.example.com. The HTTP(S):// part of the URL is not required.
- Enable the Port, by entering the port to use to connect to the server. The port will default to 80 for non-secure connections, and 443 for secure connections.
- Select an option for Secure Connection, depending on whether the server requires it or not.
- Enter a User ID associated with the server. This user name along with the password is used to authenticate you with the server.
- Enter a Password associated with the server. This password along with the user name is used to authenticate you with the server. If the password is not provided, you will be promoted for the password whenever searching for or joining a room on this server.
- Choose Save to initiate communication with the server and verify the server settings are correct. Once the verification step is complete, the server will be saved and the My Rooms view will display, which shows all the rooms you currently own or manage on the new server.
You can add new meeting servers to the application, as well as edit or delete existing server configurations using the Meeting Servers list, which displays all servers known to the client. To open the list, select the cog icon at the bottom of the left sidebar. The Meeting Servers screen displays. Here you can select an existing server to edit, add a new meeting server, or delete an existing server.
Help information is available for viewing in a browser on the device. To access it, tap on the cog icon to open the Settings from the home screen, tap the 'i' icon to display the About screen, and then tap Help
. The About screen also lists your client version, should you ever need to find it.
Deleting the last Meeting Room server from the list is not permitted.
Parent topic: Getting started