Simplify your desktop and more easily manage multiple active chats by consolidating them into a single tabbed window.
This feature is available for text chats with one or more chat partners. It is not available for the voice chat, video chat, or telephone conference call windows, if you have these features.
- Open the chat window preferences.
Table 1. Options
|If you're using:||Do this:|
|IBM® Sametime® Connect||Click File -> Preferences and then click Chat Window in the navigator.|
|IBM Lotus Notes®||Click File -> Preferences and then click the plus sign (+) beside Sametime in the navigator. Click Chat Window.|
- Select Use tabbed window for multiple chats and then select whether you want your chat windows to display with horizontal or vertical tabs.
If you select vertical tabs and you resize the width of these tabs, you can display on the tabs your chat partners' pictures, instead of their names.
With tabbed chat windows, you can perform the following actions:
Parent topic: Work with text chats
- Click a tab to put that chat in focus.
- Type one or more letters of the name of a contact in the field above the tabs to start a new chat.
- Resize the vertical space for the tabs to show your chat partners' photos instead of their names.
- Click the X in a tab to close that active chat. Clicking X in the right corner of the window closes all active chat windows.