® group in the Microsoft
® Office 2010 Ribbon consists of a series of icons, each of which lets you perform a Sametime
task. The icons that are in the Sametime
group depend upon which features are available to you. Other Sametime
products might also become available and add icons to your Sametime
group in the Ribbon. For group options, in the Microsoft
Ribbon, click Options
-> Add-in Options
This is an example of how the Sametime
group in the Microsoft
Outlook Ribbon might appear in an open email.
Here are the tasks that might be available to you in the Sametime
Parent topic: Work with the Sametime group in the Microsoft Office 2010 Ribbon
- Start a chat with the selected contact.
- Invite the selected contact to a Sametime instant meeting.
- Invite the selected contact to a Sametime meeting room (for Sametime version 8.5 or later).
- Start a computer-to-computer or telephone-to-telephone call or video call with the selected contact, depending on the call capabilities available to you.
Note: The call-related icons in the toolbar vary, depending on the call options you have available to you. For example, if your organization partners with a telephony or video service provider, you might be able to start a telephone or video call with a selected contact, or even call someone who is not on your contact list or in your organization.
- Show your current availability status and message, and your geographic location. Click your availability status to change it, for example, from I am Available to I am Away.
- Search for Sametime contacts
- Show the availability status of all names associated with the Outlook email or calendar invitation of focus by opening the Quickview list. Sametime organizes the names as they appear in Outlook, for example, the To: and cc: fields of an email. The right-click menu on a live name from the Quickview contains the same actions as in the Sametime Contact list.
- Open the Sametime contact list
- Synchronize Outlook and Sametime contacts.
- View this Sametime Help.