You can take a snap shot or screen capture of all or part of your screen and send it to your chat partners. You can also add lines or shapes to your screen capture to annotate it, before sending it.
This feature is only available if your organization has an Sametime
® Standard or Advanced software license.
- Make sure whatever you want to capture is the active window.
- In an open chat window, click . .
- Click and drag your mouse over the part of your screen you want to capture.
- Optional: In the Screenshot Tool window, draw the shape you want to add and then select the color and line width for it.
- Repeat Step 3 to draw additional shapes.
- Do one of the following actions:
- Click Send to paste the screen capture into the chat window and send it to your chat partner. This option is available from the Screenshot Tool in the chat window.
- Click Paste Into Chat to paste the screen capture into the chat window without sending it to your chat partner. This option is available from the Screenshot Tool in the chat window.
- Click Recapture to abandon the current screen capture and take a new one.
- Click Close to abandon the current screen capture.
At the top of your Sametime contact list, you can also click More and then click Capture Part of Your Screen to take and save or print a snap shot of your screen.
Parent topic: Other neat things you can do