Tell me about meeting rooms and meetingsAdded by IBM on April 16, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|IBM® Sametime® meetings take place in Sametime meeting rooms. Sametime meeting rooms are similar to physical conference rooms in that they exist twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week.
® meetings take place in Sametime
meeting rooms. Sametime
meeting rooms are similar to physical conference rooms in that they exist twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week.
meeting rooms give you a place and all the tools needed to carry out your online meetings. Sametime
meeting rooms have the following characteristics:
- Meeting rooms can be set up in advance or on the fly.
- Meeting rooms do not "end," but instead are "persistent", available all the time for use, until they are explicitly deleted.
- A meeting room can be dedicated to a specific purpose, with content relevant to that purpose. For example, you might have a meeting room for your weekly staff meetings. Or, a meeting room can be used for different meetings, each with a different purpose and content.
- Whatever content is stored in a meeting room, such as documents, presentations, chats, and so forth, also remains with the meeting room until the content is explicitly removed or the meeting room is deleted.
- Each meeting room has one owner, but the owner has the option to give different roles to participants, such as allowing some participants to manage the meeting room and others to simply attend the meeting.
- Meeting rooms can be hidden and password protected to ensure security. You can also set the room so that participants cannot join unless the room owner or a manager is in the room.
- You can create reports to capture information about meetings in meeting rooms, such as who attended.
- The meeting room owner or manager can explicitly end a meeting in a meeting room.
If you are an administrator, see the Sametime Standard product documentation
to learn more about administering meetings and meeting rooms.
Parent topic: Get started