Joaquim M Nogueira 8.Jan.03 07:29 AM a Web browser Conversion of existing workflows 3.0 Windows 2000
What I want to do should be very simple. I can do it with Percussion's Powerflow so why is it so dificult to do it in Lotus Workflow?
What I want is to:
1. Create a document in my database (an existing database, apart from LWF)
2. Expect LWF to detect the new document in that specific database and start a process
3. Change any field in my new document (a status field) in my database
What I DON'T want is to:
1. Change my database's design by placing a bunch of LWF agents, views, Script Libraries in my database
2. do this for any database that I want to control with LWF
In fact what I really want is to have a Lotus Workflow Application where I can define all workflows in my organization but using the applications (or notes databases) I already own.
It's so simple to do this in Powerflow that I think I'm missing something here.
A final question. Why doesn't Lotus have a really Workflow Engine Like Percussion's Powerflow, instead of using the agent manager?