Once the IBM Domino
Passthru Server is set up as part of the IBM SmartCloud
® (SmartCloud Notes
) configuration, and then started, your IBM Domino
Administrator client can be configured to manage the Passthru server on-premises. During this process, connectivity to the server is verified.
Make sure both the Passthru and Hub Domino
servers are running.
- From the IBM Domino Administrator client, add the new Passthru domain. Using a Notes ID with Administrator access, right-click the Domain's icon on the bookmark bar in the upper left. Select Preferences.
If you do not see your company's domain icon, select File
-> Administration Preferences
and follow steps 2 & 3 below to add a Domain icon.
- On the Administration Preferences dialog, select New.
- In the Add Domain dialog, type the name of the Domino passthru domain. Also, type in the hierarchical name of the Domino Passthru server. Select OK.
- Confirm the settings. Select OK.
If this step succeeds, then you have verified connectivity to the Passthru server.
- The bookmark bar will now contain an additional Domains icon. Hover over the lower icon to display the domain name for the Passthru server.
When attempting to connect to the Passthru server (step 4), you get an error similar to this: Unable to retrieve list of servers from ... Unable to find path to server.
Check that your network connection to the Passthru server is working. Go to Preferences -> Notes Ports and select Trace to discover where the connection fails.
When attempting to connect to the Passthru server (step 4), you are prompted to cross certify with the Passthru organization and receive a subsequent error: Server error: The server's Domino Directory does not contain any cross certificates capable of authenticating you.