Perform the following steps to set up an additional Notes client in a for a user in a hybrid environment when a local copy of the ID file is not available.
1. If one of the following events has not occurred within the last five days, reset the password for the Notes ID as described in Resetting passwords for Notes IDs:
- The user has been provisioned for the service and shows Active in User Accounts
- The user's Notes password was reset
2. Install Notes.
3. Start Notes to begin setup and perform the following steps:
a) In the Welcome window, click Next
b) In the User Information window, enter the field values described in the following table, then click Next.
Your name User's hiearchical name, for example: Samantha Daryn/Renovations
Domino Server Hierarchical name of the user's SmartCloud Notes mail server, for example: Mail4/SCN/Renovations
I want to connect to a Domino server Select the check
c) In the How Do You Want to Connect to a Domino Server? window, select Set up a connection to a local area network (LAN) and click Next.
d) In the Domino Server Network Information window, enter the field values described in the following table, then click Next.
Domino server name Hierarchical name of user's SmartCloud Notes mail server, for example: Mail4/SCN/Renovations
This will be shown automatically.
Select a network type TCP/IP
Server address notes.na.collabserv.com
for companies that use the Asia-Pacific data center, specify: notes.ap.collabserv.com
for companies that use the European data cente, specify: notes.ce.collabserv.com
e) When prompted, provide the Notes password. After you provide the password, a copy of the ID file is downloaded from the service Notes ID vault to the client PC.
Note: If you see the error "ID in vault has download count of zero," you must reset the user's Notes password, as described in Step 1, and then repeat this procedure.
f) Click Finish to complete setup.
4. Download and run the Notes client configuration tool (config.nsf) to connect to the SmartCloud Notes mail server. For instructions, see Setting up Notes to connect to a mail server in the "Using SmartCloud Notes" documentation.