ShowTable of Contents
IBM Connections Cloud Inform (IBM Inform) is a free app, for your mobile device, which provides the real time status of the IBM Connections Cloud service. The app is available for IBM Connections Cloud clients, targeted to Administrators and Help desk personnel in all three IBM Connections Cloud geographies. The app provides information at the individual service component level (i.e. Verse, Meetings, Traveler, etc.) and will send push notifications from IBM as status changes.
Because IBM Inform can always be within reach, it serves as a convenient new complement to existing cloud communications.
IBM Inform is offered by IBM Collaboration Solutions, available September, 2016.
Video: Getting started with IBM Inform
For Android users, the IBM Inform app generally requires Android 4.4 and above (with dependencies on device manufacturer or carrier customization).
For Apple iOS, IBM Inform requires iOS 8.0 or later.
IBM Inform requires an IBMid for authentication. If you already have an IBMid you are ready to login to the app. Otherwise, the IBM Inform Login page provides you the opportunity to register for one. For more information about the IBMid, see Help and FAQ
IBM Inform provides the following functionality:
When you open the app, the status page displays the status of your data center at a glance. A large green checkmark visual means the service is working as intended.
• The app will display the time at which the last status was received. If the status changes you will receive a notification. You may also refresh this screen at any time by dragging down and releasing.
• The data center maintenance field may be tapped to see details about the next maintenance window.
• The time of all maintenance is based on local time of the device.
Status by Service
From the status page, press the status icon or the "Last updated" card to view the individual service components at a glance.
ALL Service Status and individual service components. Scroll down to see the entire list of components.
Status by Service page in Edit mode. In Edit mode, you can remove individual service components, and add back components that you previously removed. You will not receive notifications for services you choose not to monitor. You must "SAVE" in order for the changes to take effect.
Status Service detail
On the Status by Service page, tap an individual service component to see expanded details.
- Verse details show the current status is working as intended
- Traveler details show a slower than expected current status and an update about an issue
- Connections Homepage details show the current status is working as intended and provides a graph of response time for the last day
By default you will receive push notifications from IBM Inform when a service status is updated. To temporarily disable notifications, place your device in do not disturb mode or put IBM Inform in sleep mode on the settings page.
- IBM Inform sends a notification when a service component status changes to slow and another when it is restored
Enable push notifications with IBM Inform on an Apple device:
1. Press Settings from the home screen, then open the Notifications section. The IBM Inform app is listed among the others.
2. To turn off push notifications for IBM Inform, select the app, then disable the option for Allow Notifications.
Enable push notifications with IBM Inform on an Android device:
1. Click or tap Apps
2. Click or tap Application manager
3. Click or tap your IBM Inform app.
4. Click or tap Show notifications
to enable or disable push notifications.
- Use the Settings button, located at the top of the Status page to toggle Sleep Mode and edit user settings.
||Allows you to temporarily disable push notifications. Tap the slide once to toggle sleep mode. Sleep mode is OFF by default
Sleep mode is OFF (push notifications enabled, if they are enabled at the OS level)
Sleep mode is Activated (push notifications disabled)
- Use the Settings to Edit your settings.
||The email address you use to login to IBM Inform.
|Mobile phone number
||The mobile phone number of this device
|Data Center Region
||Set this to your organization's data center. You may change this setting and view the status of the other two regions.
||build of the app. The app lets you know when it has been updated in the stores.
Tap the History button, located at the top of the Status page, to view the History of the service for the past 7 days.
From your device, you can download and install the IBM Inform app.
For Android users, the IBM Inform app is available for download on Google Play
(one app for both phone and tablet).
IBM Inform has adopted a continuous delivery model and will be updated frequently with new features.
IBM Connections and Verse Maintenance & Status page
IBM Connections Cloud Inform forum