If your organization requires that you login in to SmartCloud for Social Business using the same credentials you use to login to your organization, your organization is probably using a federated login. Mobile applications, such as the IBM Connections mobile app, mobile Chat, Mobile Meetings or IBM Verse, support some forms of federated logins. However, in the cases that your identity provider cannot be supported for federated logins by these mobile applications, you will need to set an application password.
This article describes how to create a special application password for the mobile applications that you use, such as IBM Connections, Mobile Chat or Mobile Meetings. The password is generated by SmartCloud for Social Business and is different than your regular password. After you create the password, use it to log on to your mobile application. The application saves the password until the password expires or until you revoke it. You do not need to memorize the password or write it down somewhere. If your mobile device is lost or stolen, you can revoke the application password without affecting your access to SmartCloud for Social Business.
How to set an application password
1. Log on to SmartCloud for Social Business via https://apps.na.collabserv.com/ with your regular organization username and password as normal.
2. On the Home page, hover over your picture in the top-right and a menu will appear - click Account Settings in the menu.
3. On the Account Settings page click Change to the right of Manage Application Passwords.
4. In the Manage Application Passwords box, enter any label you like. For example: ipad and click Create.
5. A generated password is displayed.
6. Start your IBM Connections app on your mobile device. Add a new account by clicking on the + in the Accounts menu
7. Select IBM SmartCloud from the I want to connect to... list
8. Now Enter your organization username, and, crucially, the generated password from the Manage Application Passwords box.
9. That's it! Your mobile device is now connected to SmartCloud for Social Business.
10. This works for other applications too such as logging in to your SmartCoud Sametime account from Sametime in your Notes Client.