ShowTable of Contents
IBM Connections Cloud supports the following browsers:
IBM Connections Cloud supports the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8 Classic, 10
- Apple OS X 10.10, 10.11, 10.12
Supported browsers and operating systems have undergone compatibility testing by IBM. IBM recommends that customers always use operating systems and browsers listed in the System Requirements; any variance has some level of risk because the combination has not been tested. If you choose to use a browser and operating system not listed and encounter an issue requiring support from IBM, IBM Support may require you to test and reproduce the issue using recommended system requirements in order to receive further support
If a supported OS or browser that is listed in the System Requirements has a new version released, IBM Support may provide support. IBM Support will accept support issues relating to using these newer and untested operating systems and browser releases and will validate on a case-by-case basis whether IBM can provide technical support.
- Cookies must be enabled in the browser.
- Pop up blockers must be disabled for some features to work.
- Plugins must be installed for some features to work.
- A user's mail file template must be at 9.0 or higher to use Verse.
Clients on Windows XP
IBM will continue to accept support requests from customers who have not yet migrated from Windows XP. That support will continue normally until such time that Microsoft Windows XP operating system is identified as a probable cause of the problem or a contributing factor, at which time you may be asked to recreate the problem on a supported operating system. If the issue is found to be specific to the Windows XP operating system, a fix for such an issue may require you to move to a currently supported level of the operating system.
- See list of browsers and operating systems supported at the top of this page.
- Audio and video, and desktop and application sharing are supported on Firefox (32- and 64-bit), Chrome (32- and 64-bit), and Internet Explorer (32-bit) on Windows.
Meetings audio/video bandwidth requirements:
- The maximum bandwidth used by a user is 384kps for both audio (64kbps) and video (320kbps). This maximum applies to the user's uplink (384kps) and downlink (384kps). However, because of the nature of the dynamic bandwidth adjustment, actual bandwidth use may be lower.
- For a meeting with 6 people with all participants viewing all 4 possible video streams, the maximum bandwidth use for both audio and video would be 1Mbps uplink and 2.3Mbps downlink. The uplink is less because only those users whose video is one of the 4 visible streams will send video (up). All users will receive video (down).
- For a meeting with 10 people with all participants viewing all 4 possible video streams, the maximum bandwidth use for both audio and video would be 1Mbps uplink and 3.8Mbps downlink. Again, only a subset of users (5) will send video at any given time, yet all 10 will receive it.
- Audio and video chat is supported on 32-bit Firefox browsers, but not supported on 64-bit browsers.
- Audio and video is not supported on Firefox 52, a non-ESR version of Firefox.
- Screen capture is supported on Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers but not on Chrome.
- Audio and video chat is supported on Sametime embedded or standalone desktop clients in Connections Cloud.
- Audio and video chat is not supported on Linux (Ubuntu and Red Hat)
IBM Traveler and IBM Verse
iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibm-sametime-meetings-for-ios/id516570259?mt=8
iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibm-sametime/id472303810?mt=8&ls=1
iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibm-connections/id450533489?mt=8
IBM SmartCloud Notes clients
IBM SmartCloud Notes client requirements
IBM SmartCloud Notes Client
IBM Sametime 9.0.1 Desktop Client
IBM Connections Desktop Plug-ins for MS Windows
IBM Connections Desktop Plug-ins for Mac