The IBM Connections Desktop Plug-ins support the following applications and operating systems*:
IBM Connections Cloud
Available only if your organization does not use a federated login, that is, where you login once using your organization's intranet credentials. If your organization uses a standard login, download the Desktop Plug-ins from the Downloads and Setup
The following features are not available:
- Use of the Outlook Social Connector features
- Type-ahead is not available to assist you in finding a group name.
- Type-ahead is not available to assist you in entering the names of external users in the Add to File dialog and the Share dialog.
- If you are uploading a file or email to Activities, the option to create a new activity is not available.
- Metrics is not supported
- IBM Connections 5.5
- IBM Connections 5.0
- IBM Connections 5.0 CR1+
Files, News, and Profiles for IBM Connections must be configured on the server for the plug-in to function properly.
- Microsoft Office 2010 Standard or higher (32-bit, 64-bit), 2013 Standard or higher (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit toleration)
Note: IC4.x and Vista support is available through v15 of the plugin. To take advantage of plugin features made available in v16, it will be necessary to upgrade to IBM Connections 5.x.
*No support for virtualized desktops such as Citrix, VMWare, and Terminal Server.
Download the Desktop Plug-ins
How to use the Desktop Plug-ins