IBM SmartCloud Notes
) provides a mail file template catalog from which to choose templates to apply to user mail files. You can choose from a list of standard templates or design a custom template to add to the catalog. If none of the standard mail file templates meet your needs, you can develop a custom mail file template for use by your company only. IBM Software Services for Collaboration (ISSC)
must approve and upload to your catalog any custom template to ensure it meets design requirements that minimize risk to the SmartCloud Notes
) service. You can apply your custom templates to new or existing users, and during provisioning of migrated users.
In addition to customizing the mail template, you can use an extension forms file to customize the visual theme, fonts, the action bar, and other aspects of the web client
To learn about deploying extension forms files in the service, seeUsing extension forms files to customize the look of the web client
Custom templates are not supported for the IBM SmartCloud Notes
After completing this exercise, you should be able to:
- Apply a custom mail template to an existing or new user's mail file
Parent topic: Additional Advanced Topics
Next topic: Integrating an Extended Directory Catalog (EDC)
Procedure A: Preparing to use custom mail file templates
1. Instructions are available in this Knowledge Center article: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSPS94/hybrid/topics/cfg_prep_custom_mail_templates_t.dita?lang=en
2. Once ISSC has approved the template and uploaded it to the SmartCloud Notes template catalog, your company administrator can access the template. To verify, login and select Administration -->Lotus Notes-->Mail Templates-->Custom Mail Templates. The new template should display.
Procedure B: Apply a custom mail template to a user's mail file
1. To apply this template to a specific user's mail file, select Administration
-> Lotus Notes
. Under Users and Groups
, click Users
2. Locate a specific user entry or select multiple user entries that will have the new template applied to their mail file. For this exercise, click on one of the names to display the user record.
3. When the user record displays, record the replica ID of the Mail Template currently being used. We will reference this ID in step 9
to verify that a new template has been properly applied.
4. Press the Back button in your browser to return to the Users
page. Check the box next to the user(s) to receive the new template and select Apply Mail Template
5. The next page shows a list of available mail templates where the template currently selected is bold and the new customized template sorts at the top. Click Select
left of the new custom template.
6. The new template is now in bold and ready to be applied. Select Apply Mail Template
7. Verify the selected template and the user(s). When satisfied, select Confirm
8. You should receive a message that the mail template has been applied successfully. Click Continue
9. Now go back to the Users
screen and select the same user chosen in step 2
. Open the user record and compare the replica ID of the Mail Template now being used. It should be different than the one previously recorded in step 3
10. The mail file is now ready to be used. Have the user log in and confirm the customized design changes that were applied.
11. While this example demonstrated the application of a customized template being applied to an existing SmartCloud Notes
user, a customized template may also be applied during user provisioning.