This article outlines the process for uploading a video to YouTube and embedding that video in a wiki article.
Follow these instructions to upload a video to YouTube.
1. Go to Youtube.com
and log in to your YouTube account using your account information. If you would like to upload your video to the LotusIDC YouTube channel, contact Sharyn Richard
2. Click Upload
at the top of the screen, select the multimedia file (Up to 2 GB in size; up to 10 mins in length; acceptable file format
), and click OK
3. After the file finishes uploading, complete the Title, Description and tags. Be sure to use the tag "lotustechinfo". Consider including a link back to the Video Gallery in the product wiki for more videos.
4. For the category, select Science & Technology
5. Leave the privacy setting Public
6. Save your changes.
Follow these steps to link to a YouTube video from a wiki article.
1. Open the video on the YouTube Web site.
2. Click Share
, then click Embed
3. Change the dimensions to 800x600 for best viewing in the wiki.
4. Place the cursor inside in the Embed field, then right-click to copy the HTML code.
5. Navigate to one of the Lotus product wikis
6. Log in using your developerWorks username and password.
7. Click Add an article
8. Complete the Title
- The subject of your article will become the URL for the article
- Changing the article's subject will not change the URL once it is created and saved.
9. Select the Video Gallery
10. Appropriately tag the article by product, task, and deliverable type (i.e. demo, video) to make your article easier to find.
11. In the main body of the article, type a description for the video, the duration of the video, and whether or not the video contains audio, then add instruction text such as:
Click the Play
button to start the video.
12. Paste the HTML code that you copied in step 4. The HTML code should look similar to the following code:
<iframe width="800" height="600" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RA9ctXIU3lQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen><iframe>
or if you selected Use old embed code, your code will look something like this:
<object width="480" height="385"><br>
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h6Ax6RfMRgs&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><br>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><br>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h6Ax6RfMRgs&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed><br>
12. If you have a text version of the video, you can either paste the text version into the wiki article below the embedded video, or create a link to that text version using wiki markup code.
IBM looks like this: IBM.
13. Click Save.
See Wiki help for more details on creating a wiki article.