The following instructions will guide you through the WebSphere Portal v22.214.171.124 installation to an existing installation of WebSphere Application Server screen by screen.
In this example, Portal was installed to WebSphere Application Server v126.96.36.199 on a Red Hat Linux v5.1 server.
1. Install WebSphere Application Server following instructions from the WAS Information Center:http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.base.doc/info/aes/ae/welc6topinstalling.htmlNOTE:
WebSphere Portal will create its own profile during installation. You may create a WAS profile here if you'd like, but WebSphere Portal will NOT use it.
2. Ensure WebSphere Application Server is upgraded to meet the mimimum requirements for WebSphere Portal v188.8.131.52:http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=688&ca=port&uid=swg27013472
3. Launch the WebSphere Portal installation from the Setup CD:
4. Click Next on the Welcome Screen.
5. Accept the License Agreement.
6. Select whether you would like to do a Full installation or an Admin installation.
7. Select to install on top of an existing instance of WebSphere Application Server
8. Select the location of the existing instance of WebSphere Application Server
9. Enter the installation path for WebSphere PortalNOTE:
This is the PARENT directory of PortalServer. In other words, a directory called 'PortalServer' will be created in the specified directory for you.NOTE:
No other installation of WebSphere Portal can be present in this directory.
10. Enter the Node Name and the Host Name for the environment.NOTE
: The node name will be used as the cell name for the standalone environment.NOTE
: Do not use any of the following special characters or spaces when defining a node name:
11. Security is enabled by default. Enter a user ID and password you would like to use. NOTE
: This same user ID and password will be used to authenticate to WAS and Portal.NOTE
: Do not use any of the following special characters or spaces when defining a user ID and password:
12. Windows only. Select whether or not you'd like the servers to be set up as Windows Services.
13. On the summary screen, click 'Next' to begin the installation.