Please check these draft technote details if that helps -
1. Check the status of the Media Server and VMGR is up and running by Sametime System Console.
2. Make sure IP addresses of VMGR and VMCU had been added to Trusted Servers of Sametime Community Server.
3. Confirm that for example vmgr.acme.com can be addressed from DNS.
4. Confirm that the following ports are being listened
5. Check the status of the IBM Sametime Video MCU Server from command line
Log in to the Sametime Video MCU Server as root.
Run this command:
service soft_mcu status
The server should display this message: soft mcu is up.
6. Confirm that the SolidDB service was started and is still running before starting the VMGR
7. Confirm that there are no Firewall blocking traffic between the VMGR and MCU
There is one other recent draft technote to check as well -
But before applying these steps please note that this error generally doesn't come if VMGR (Video Manager) is behind corporate firewall. If the VMGR is on internet then this issue comes and these are valid steps.
Please follow below steps to prevent it and to solve the issue.
1. Login to DMA console - https://<vmgr_host>:8443/dma7000/
2. Block all registrations from "friendly scanner"
var result = COMPLIANT;
if (EP_REG_IS_SIP && EP_MODEL != null && EP_MODEL.toLowerCase() ==
EP_EXCEPTION += "SIPVicious is not allowed.";
result = NONCOMPLIANT;
3. Remove all existing registrations from "friendly scanner"
To delete registrations, navigate to the Network -> Endpoints screen, change the "Registration status" drop down search filter to have no value, click Search, and then select the registrations to delete. There will be an action on the left-hand side of the screen to delete the selected items.
4. Change the order of dial plan rule
Navigate to Admin -> Call Server -> Dial rules and move "Dial by conference room ID" to #1. Right click on that dial plan and select Move Up.
5. Stop VMGR , clean logs and start VMGR. Now try A/V calls.