Import a Sametime contact list as a quick way to add a large number of contacts to your existing contact list. Or, you can replace your existing contact list with the names you import. In order to import a contact list, you must first export your Sametime contacts from one or all of your server communities to a file. If your exported Sametime contact list contains members of a single server community, it can be imported into a previous release of IBM® Lotus® Sametime® Connect.
To export a contact list:
- Using the Lotus Sametime Connect, click File > Export Contact List. If you are using Lotus Sametime with Lotus Notes, click in the Sametime Contacts list and then click Tools > Sametime > Export Contacts.
- Select one of the following export options:
- To Multi Server Community File to export all Sametime contacts for all your server communities. This option exports your contacts to an .xml file.
- To Single Server Community File and select the server community contacts you want to export. This option exports your contacts to a .dat file.
To import your contact list:
- Using the Lotus Sametime Connect, click File > Import Contact List. If you are using Lotus Sametime with Lotus Notes, click in the Sametime Contacts list and then click Tools > Sametime > Import Contacts.
- Select one of the following import options
Select Replace existing contact list with imported contents to remove your existing Sametime contacts list and replace it with the imported one. Clear this option to merge the contents of the two Sametime contact lists.
- From server to import a Sametime contact list from another server community you are logged in to.
- From file and search for a file that contains the Sametime contact list you want to import.